- Read-Write-Think Calendar- http://www.readwritethink.org/calendar/index.asp -This site contains lots of calendar activities related to important events in literary history, authors' birthdays, and a variety of holidays. Each has related activities and resources that make them more relevant to students. You can view them by day, by week, or by month.
- PBS Kids- http://pbskids.org/- This site contains educational games and activities for children related to popular PBS children's television shows.
- Storyline Online- http://www.storylineonline.net - This site allows the listener to hear and see celebrities read their favorite children's books as well as look at the pictures in the books.
- Scholastic- www.scholastic.com - This site contains information regarding Scholastic and its' educational products and services. It also contains links for parents as well as for children to explore.
- Seussville- www.seussville.com - This is an entire website of games, activities, and more devoted to Dr. Seuss and his famous stories and characters.
- Fact Monster- http://www.factmonster.com - This site contains links to information about lots of different subjects as well as a Homework Center.
- Free Kids Coloring- www.freekidscoloring.com - This site contains free coloring sheets that your child can print off and color.
- On-Lion for Kids- http://kids.nypl.org/ - This site is maintained by the New York Public Library. It contains lots of useful links for both kids and parents.
- Starfall- http://www.starfall.com/ - This site contains lots of fun links and activities that make learning to read fun for children.
- Math Maven - http://teacher.scholastic.com/maven/ - This site allows children to become detectives and crack math cases. It also contains special features such as audio support and printables for each mystery.
- Story Starters - http://teacher.scholastic.com/activities/storystarters/storystarter1.htm - This site contains a Story Starter Machine that makes it easy for students to be creative. Students can spin the writing prompt wheels and do various other activities to practice their writing skills.
- All About Authors - http://teacher.scholastic.com/read/all-about-authors.htm - This site is a great video resource about authors. Students can watch author interviews, read biographies, and browse book lists.
- Scholastic Booktalks Videos - http://www2.scholastic.com/browse/video.jsp - This site contains informative video clips on best loved new books. The videos are a child-friendly way to get children excited about reading.
- Tennessee Electronic Library (TEL) - http://infotrac.galegroup.com/itweb/tel_k_mvps - This site contains a searchable database of informational articles related to lots of different subjects. The password is elvis.
- EBSCO- http://support.ebscohost.com/training/flash_videos/POV/pov.html -This site is provided by the Tennessee Electronic Library (TEL). This is an online tutorial for TEL's EBSCO Points of View Reference Center.
- KOL Jr.- http://kids.aol.com/KOL/1/KOLJrStories - This site allows children to listen to stories, play games, complete educational activities and so much more!